The 6th Street Market in Downtown Tempe is thrilled to welcome attendees to a slew of special pop-up markets this season, including specialty events for dogs, fitness, food and more. While the weekly market takes place Sundays at 6th Street Park near Tempe City Hall from 10am – 3pm, specialty pop-up markets are programmed throughout the season to add extra flair, focus and act as an incentive to come out and support the local community.
The market’s mission is to connect the community with local artists, makers and food creatives. Everything about the market is 100% local and curated. In addition to handmade goods the market also features musicians and performers, baked goods & pies, snack and household items and gifts; similar to a small-scale version of Tempe’s famed Festival of the Arts. The market offers local artisans, purveyors and micro-businesses the opportunity to connect with locals in an open-air bazaar atmosphere.
This Spring, several special Sundays are programmed, including:
· February 9th -- “Love is in the Air” -- a heartfelt pop-up market featuring Valentine’s fun and gifts for that special someone
· February 16th – “Asian Street Food Pop-up” -- this culinary tour de force explores the vibrant and mouthwatering “street food” traditions of Asia with tasty delights from Japan to Korea
· February 23rd – “Dogs of 6th Street” – this popular “pup-up” event welcomes well-behaved, leashed, four-legged friends and their human companions for dog-friendly programming, specialty pet & food vendors, as well as FREE professional photos with your pet(s). Don’t miss the Instagram photo contest with a $100 gift card prize (see link below)
· March 1st -- First Sunday Fitness features FREE workout sessions with the professional instructors of OrangeTheory and Pure Barre Tempe
· April 5th -- Boba Sip & Shop – this final pop-up and season finale features a variety of special boba and bubble drinks, as well as April’s First Sunday Fitness event, similar to March
“Every Sunday offers a different mix of vendors, live local music, shopping and more here at the 6th Street Market, and we’ve listened to community feedback to create some extraordinarily special experiences to really make this Spring pop here in Tempe,” said the Downtown Tempe Authority’s Director of Placemaking, Julie Kent. “The Dogs of 6th Street Pop-Up is a fan favorite, and this will be our third time hosting Fido and furry friends. Our food pop-ups this season have had an overwhelmingly positive response. We really embrace the idea of “kaizen” and continue to improve with each progressive season, and this year’s market has been an absolute blast.”
Apart from programming conflicts, like when the Tempe Festival of the Arts takes over the downtown footprint (March 27 – 29), the market takes place weekly rain or shine. There are free parking options on Sundays in downtown Tempe at the 201 S. Ash Garage and all on-street meters are free on Sundays (event parking rates as posted*). Attendees are also encouraged to go green and partake of public transportation, ride share or even bike share.
For more information about the 6th Street Market, please visit:
For more information about special market programming, please visit:
For more information about transportation options and parking, please visit:
For regular updates, weekly participant lists, giveaways, promotions and more, please follow the 6th Street Market on social media at: